The owner and operator of Parenting Foundations, Brenda McSween, is a pediatric sleep consultant. As a parent herself, Brenda saw first hand how difficult it could be to get a child the sleep they need. After months of limited sleep, Brenda started to look at her son’s sleep habits and taught him how to sleep in a gentle caring manner.
Parenting Foundation’s approach to improving your child’s sleep is pretty simple:
- Give you honest information about WHY sleep is so important for your child’s well-being. (To give you all the motivation you need to make changes to your child’s sleep habits.)
- Lay out an easy-to-follow, step-by-step plan that lets you make some choices about what is the right approach for your child. (All children are different, and nobody knows your child better than you do. You are encouraged to use your knowledge of your child to customize his or her sleep plan.)
- Show you how to measure success. (No, you shouldn’t expect your child to sleep 12 uninterrupted hours on the first night — although it does happen! Brenda will inform you of what you should expect along the way.)
How can I help improve your child’s sleep?
This is a one-hour telephone or Zoom conversation. During our conversation, we will review your current practices to assist your child with sleeping. We will then discuss various options that may assist you and I will provide you with some tips and tricks to help increase your child’s ability to sleep. You will receive 2 follow up e-mails if needed as well.
The cost of the one-hour phone call is $125.00 plus GST.
Private Sleep Consultation Package
This package is for families with a child that is 4 months of age up to 12 years of age who are looking to improve their child’s sleep.
This package includes:
- A comprehensive questionnaire about your child’s sleep habits and routines that is completed prior to our meeting.
- A private, 90-minute consultation in your home, on the phone, or by Skype where we’ll discuss strategies, troubleshoot possible problems, and learn how to address bedtime, naptime, night wakings, or any other specific issues you might be dealing with.
- A detailed, fully customized sleep plan that I will prepare for you.
- Four 15-minute follow-up telephone calls to use during the 3 months following your consult.
- E-mail support. Unlimited email support during the two weeks after you start the plan. I’ll respond to your e-mails within one business day.
The cost of this package is $497 plus GST.
Newborn Sleep Consultation Package
This package includes:
- A private 60-minute consultation in your home, on the phone, or by Skype. We will talk about infant sleep, daytime routines and schedules, nighttime routines and schedules, and ways to set your child up to be an awesome little sleeper.
- A sleep plan for your child.
- Weekly phone call for 4 weeks.
- E-mail support for 4 weeks. Maximum 10 emails per week.
The cost of this package is $399 plus GST.