Infants

2 to 1 nap transition

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brenda McSween 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello!

My little girl is 10 months old and I know typically that she would be quite young to transition to one nap but I’m not sure what else to do….

She was sleep trained at 5 months and typically goes down well for naps and bedtime. However lately there has been more crying at bedtime and 2 out of the last 4 days she has outright refused her second nap as well as early morning wake ups. Our typical schedule is:

6:45 wake up
    –> 3.5 hr wake time
    10:15 Nap
    11:15 Wake
    –> 3.5-3.75 hr wake time
    2:45-3:00 Nap
    4:00-4:15 Wake
    –> 3.75 hr wake time
    7:45-8:00 Bed

She’s always been able to tolerate longer wake times for her age but I’ve been reluctant to adding more time because it would push bedtime so late. On the days she skipped her second nap she was awake from 11:15am to 6:30pm and wasn’t really grumpy and fell asleep fine at bedtime with only one little night wake up.

Is it possible that she could be ready for one nap? Or is there any other way to tweak her schedule to stay on two?

Thanks!!

Brenda McSween
    Keymaster

Hi there and welcome to the site!

At first glance, I would add 15 minutes to each wake time to see if that helps. It may bring bedtime to 8:30 or 8:45 but I would recommend doing that before dropping a nap.

I have seen children as young as 10.5 months drop to one nap (my own son 🙁 ). It is not unheard of but I would add wake time first then if that does not make a difference after 4 to 7 days then I would give dropping a nap some serious consideration.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar